Originally Posted by tp4whlr
Congratulations
Very NICE looking rifle.

Currently only have a 308 BLR in the safe, but in the past have owned a 7-08 and a 243. I find great joy in owning lever guns and actually have a single safe dedicated to centerfire levers.
I have very accurate Marlin and Winchesters, but I believe the Brownings tend to hold a slight edge in accuracy, at least in my experience with those I have fired.

I have applied a light coat of polishing kg-2 compound to the chambers of my savage 99, blr and browning 1895.

Often hiking around wind blown silt, which gets in everything, im always interested in extractors that work.

After drying for a few days, here's the results after firing a full power hunting load:

The cheesy savage 99 extractor failed and slipped over the stuck case.

The slightly less cheesy extractor on my browning 1895 failed once, but extracted once.

The BLR was locked up so tight, I had to leverage the butt stock off my thigh, pulling on the lever for all i was worth. The BLR yanked that stuck case like a boss.

For all the hoopla about the gearing system, don't belive it. Those are heat treated, strengthened gears and extractor. If they weren't, I would've stripped them, and extractor.

The worst:
My 375 ruger with "claw" extractor. Clean out of the box with factory hornady ammo, I had a stuck case. Lift the bolt, that "claw" extractor slipped right off that rim. It went back to ruger for a visit.

After that, no more mauser rip offs for me. Action gotta say: Waffenfabrik oberndorf mauser. I don't care how rusty or beat up the original mauser is.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 05/04/20.