Originally Posted by Windfall
Consumer Reports puts Coopers 11th down the list of all terrain truck tires with only the first six as recommended. Their top rated tire is the Continental Terrain Contact A/T.

Over all, but how does it rate for side wall stability which for me is more important than mileage or ride. Going down the road with 16-17,000 pound gross, a person sure needs heavy duty side walls when hitting curves.The ST Maxx have performed great for me and I had about 150K combined on my Dodge and 35k or soon the Tacoma.Sometimes it is the experience on performance rather than what the ratings show.
On several of these truck tire threads, Coopers have always been near the top of peoples choices. Easier on the pocket book vs Goodyear for what you get

Originally Posted by tikkanut

I remember busting one w/3K miles on it P rated 265-75x16 on a Tacoma No more flimsey P rated for me any more. ST Maxx is a better choice

Ha Tiki, I am thinking about putting the P's on my wife's Tacoma. Heaviest thing that is ever in it is groceries and it is her every day driver.Those Load Range D and E's even with only 30 pounds in them sure ride rough.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/08/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles