100% of my hunting is with pre-64 model 70s, from local coyote calling for 6-7 months a year to Kodiak Island for goats and bears. While I have a few that I purchased strictly as investments that I've not even shot, my others are for hunting. I'm in the minority here in that I use the factory stocks strictly. I think the synthetics are way over priced, and not necessary IF you prepare the inside as well as outside of the stock properly. I've been to Alaska 4 times including 2 to Kodiak and have taken the same rifle each time, Yes, I took the time each night to properly clean it including the bore, but it still looks not much different that when I started the hunt. I would have been on Kodiak in the last month had it not been for corona virus. I guess game and fish will be re-scheduling that hunt. I will be taking a different M70 on this hunt: a pre-64 .375 with factory stock, prepared both inside and outside. I use my rifles, but not abuse them. I use pre-64s because taking all things into consideration, I believe they are one of the best hunting rifles ever produced, over-all superior to anything being made today, and for me, they are a joy to use. If you want to own them just to admire or shoot in the sunshine, that is fine, but I own them to use and appreciate how they function.