I've never had the need to own a chainsaw, but helping mom and dad clean up their shop yesterday I stumbled upon an old Echo CS440 saw that was probably 15 years old. It hadn't been started in at least 10 years dad said. I brought it home, cleaned it up as good as I could, put some Echo oil in it, filled it with TruFuel 50:1, flipped the switch off of Stop, choked it a few pulls, pushed the choke in, gave it a couple more pulls and it fired right up. I couldn't believe it. The chain appears to be adequate, but not what I'd call real sharp. I read through the manual online, and came to the chain oil adjustment section. I went out and sprayed a stream on the concrete (see picture). I don't know what it is supposed to look like, how much it is supposed to use, etc but for whatever reason this stream seems to me to indicate that it is using an excessive amount of oil but I don't have a clue. Problem is, the screw adjustment is in as far as it will go, and the only adjustment left is to use more oil. What do you experienced guys think? I appreciate the help.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.