Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Plainsman
I've been looking for a couple of somewhat specific models of .22WMR for a few years, but have not been finding exactly what I want for the money I had at the time. So it's probably time to cast a wider net...

Here's what I'm looking for and will not sway on these features at the moment:
1. .22WMR
2. Bolt Action
3. Detachable box magazine
4. 7+ round capacity
5. OPEN SIGHTS
6. Dependable and rugged method to mount a good scope
7. Budget: at or under $500
8. New or used is fine.
9. Extra magazines must be available as I will purchase extras.

What would you recommend to fill all these features?

Thanks!

Sounds like the Marlin 782/882/982/X-22M/XT-22MR to me.

I like the older stainess Marlin 882S/982S because they require less attention than a blued CM firearem. I also like the fact that they have both a 4-shot and 7-shot magazine. I like the 4-shot magazine because it doesn't protrude far below the bottom of the stock, making for better one-hand carry balance.

I have a NIB XT-22MR that I bought for a friend back in 2015 who changed his mind and never came to pick it up or pay for it. I have $215 in it and would shipping to your dealer for $215 plus the actual shipping and insurance cost turns out to be. It is just taking up space for me.

Hard to beat right there! Every Marlin Bolt Action .22 mag I’ve owned has been extremely accurate. Although I prefer their tube fed versions, personally.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~