We disagree on a lot of stuff, but I always look forward to reading your posts!

The shooting world is full of mysteries and differing opinions. Most often no single approach, idea, or protocol is the final word- there's just too many ways to skin a cat. Yet a lot can be learned by simply keeping an open mind, and observing how others approach an issue.

I admittedly haven't tried any Lee gang molds, or any other new Lee molds for a while now. I was burned too many times by Lee quality, and divested myself of all of them except two: a 55 grain Bator .22 mold (which serves beautifully in most everything I've used it for) and an 8mm Karabiner mold in case I ever fall prey to another 8mm milsurp with a shot out throat. H&G molds were certainly a product of the "analog era", but those guys bent over backwards to make/sell molds that were about as precise as humanly possible. Being a human myself, I'll take old stuff made by craftsmen who had to use their brains to achieve perfection instead of relying on a computer to guide the tool. It means something to me. Heavy? Sure, but that's why God gave us mold guides on our bottom pour furnaces.

My #68 and #130 drop bullets of my alloy that are nigh perfectly .452 diameter, and round. Running them into a .452 lube/size die leaves barely a trace of polish anywhere on their surfaces. Plenty good enough for me, and I daresay anybody else. Ransom Rest testing with my 1911's and Gold Cup reveal accuracy waaaay better than I can achieve when shooting off my hind legs!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/13/20.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty