The Ned rig catches fish when nothing else will. It's spooky good. Any shape jig head will do, but the mushroom or flat-head types made specifically for the Ned rig are best. It is essential to use a Z-Man bait because a) they float, which is critical, and b) they are indestructible. Put one on and add a drop of superglue and you can catch 100 or more fish on one bait. That's no exaggeration. (I pre-rig one bait of each color with a jighead and glue and drop it back in the bag, ready to go. I buy chartreuse, white, and black jigs, in 1/10 to 1/8 oz, that's all.)

Use a light spinning rod spooled with braid 6# to no more than 10# and a fluorocarbon leader.

The three best Z-Man baits are the original TRD, the Hula Stick, and the smaller CrawZ. I like the colors of PB&J, Smelt, Watermelon, and The Deal for the TRD and Hula Stick, natural craw colors for the CrawZ.

Cast, watch the line as it sinks (lots of hits on the sink) and when on bottom, just VERY slowly drag or make tiny hops. The big mistake is to fish it too fast. Let that tail rise up, wiggle in the current, and flutter on its own. They can't stand it. Set the hook quickly, but not violently - those light wire hooks penetrate like needles.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.