Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Filaman
Dang y'all are pissin' me off now! Here I was going to build a rifle in 6.5x57 and got talked into a 7x57, I've got it almost ready to shoot after 3 years and now a bunch of you telling me I shoulda got a V8? I mean 7-08. Well I have it and I'm going to use it, LOL!

If you don't need heavier bullets, a 6.5x57 would be a great choice with a bit of extra cool added.

Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Filaman
Dang y'all are pissin' me off now! Here I was going to build a rifle in 6.5x57 and got talked into a 7x57, I've got it almost ready to shoot after 3 years and now a bunch of you telling me I shoulda got a V8? I mean 7-08. Well I have it and I'm going to use it, LOL!

If you don't need heavier bullets, a 6.5x57 would be a great choice with a bit of extra cool added.

Well, it's too late for this one but I may build one yet. I agree with you on both points, the 6.5x57 would be very cool and a great performer on deer and hogs. And I hear a lot of people use 6.5x55s on elk, so the 6.5x57 would work for them too. I don't plan on shooting heavy bullets in the 7x57. I've got a .270, a 280, and a 7 Mag for that. Actually, for what I hunt and how I hunt a 7x57 wll do just fine as would a 6.5x57. I don't even use heavy bullets in my .270 when deer hunting. I've used 140 grains a time or two but I've stopped that and gone back to 130 grain Sierra Game Kings. They're a death ray on deer and hogs and I imagine they're what I'll use in the 7x57, only 140 grains.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/14/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!