Which way would you go and why? My pastor is a younger man and I got his rifle in order to load up some low recoil training rounds for his boys. The scope on it is a piece of junk, old simmons. Does not track when trying to adjust. You know the kind, 5 inches low, up 20 clicks, same impact point, up a few more clicks, suddenly 3 inches high. So I am gong to put a new scope on since he has been forced to shut his retail store due to co-vid 19, and he is trying to make a go of it. I got a few other church men to pitch in 50 bucks, so I have 200 to scope the gun. The gun is a Marlin 336 30-30. I am seriously considering the redfield revolution 2-7 since I have one on a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem and love it. Having said that, Leupold Freedom also makes a 2-7 and about the same price point. Is there any reason to go that route instead of the redfield? I am leaning pretty hard toward the redfield unless somebody talks me out of it. I would like to stay with a 32ish mm objective in order to use the existing rings on the gun.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.