I have the EU2000i. It has been great and runs my microwave (even at altitude if I remember correctly). If you are only getting one, don’t get the companion version. The way they work is you can hook two eu2000i units together in parallel to get 4,000 watts out of them. You can’t normally do this with a generator, but the small Honda inverter generator (and a few others) are capable of it. You have to have a special set of cables and a linking box to link them.

For the Honda, if you link one regular EU2000i to the companion version (costs a bit more) you can delete the box. Bottom line...if you buy one get the regular version. If you want to link them and run the AC later on, make your second unit a companion model and you are good to go. Other than the hassle of keeping 2 generators, this makes more sense to me than buying the 3000. They are lighter, you have more power, two 2000’s cost the same as a 3000, and you have the option of splitting the set when you need only one.

When you get the generator get the appropriate 15 amp to 30 (or 50) amp adaptor. Also, you can get a set of charging cables to directly charge a battery from the generator. It may save you if you have a dead truck battery sometime.

Last edited by K1500; 05/17/20.