Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I didn't figure you as the HOA type.

Surprised they let you cook in the egg. You know, the smoke might bother some. Do you have to keep it out of sight from the road?

I had to send in a BGE color swatch for full approval.

Side note:

We actually bough the house, in part, because the title search came back with NO HOA.

We found out we were actually IN an HOA about 6 months later, when we got the first communique from the gestapo, that we'd been sent to collections for dues we never had any idea we had to pay.

It's been a battle to this day. Too many plucked duck feathers blowing around in the street. Elk can't hang from the maple tree. It never ends.

Azzholes.

GD, I guess so.

I'd be in touch with one of Remsen's "tribe" if I were in that situation. Why do a friggen title search if the results don't mean anything.

Where we live, there's a good sized development, started back in the 70's when they split up a huge ranch or something. Had Erik Estrade doing commercials to sell lots at the time even. We looked into it and found some references to an HOA, then dug further and found some things like types of fences and such are no longer enforced. Folks have dead vehicles in the yards, etc. Assoc fees go toward plowing the roads in winter, grading in the spring, mowing the acres of unsold/abandoned lots, and the fire dept.

We got lucky and found our place a couple of miles down the road in another development from around that time with no HOA. Which works best for me. I didn't move far away from town to be told I can't put a garden where I want to put the garden.

Hope your battles go your way.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?