So I’m driving up to Minnesota to visit with my son and grandsons next week. I’ll be staying till around the third week of June at which time I’m planning on fulfilling a lifelong dream to fish my way back to NM via MT and WY. Maybe I’ll foray into Idaho as well. If anybody with local knowledge cares to share any advice as to where to go, it would be most appreciated. PM’s certainly welcome.

I am in the preliminaries right now so I don’t have any destinations set in stone. I can pretty much go wherever I want and I plan on trout bumming with a tent out of my truck. Destinations are up in the air right now. About the only one I can really think of for sure is Bozeman since that seems to be central to a lot of water. Maybe up towards the Blackfoot as well. SD and WY are absolute blind spots for me. I don’t know a thing about either really.

I prefer small streams with wild trout and little traffic from other fishermen, so trophy size fish are not a priority for me at all. In Bozeman I’ll probably hit some of the more popular rivers around YNP just to tick them off, but mostly I’ll likely just seek some out of the way water that is less popular with the crowds.

I know this isn’t a fly fishing site but on the other hand. Bet a lot of you guys do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

DF

P.S.

I know this is a long shot but thank you guys anyway...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/20/20.