Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by 700LH
Damn! You guys are forgetting the BeeGees

I graduated in 1979 and remember arguing with a buddy that loved disco and the BeeGees in particular, I told him that was garbage music and 70's rock & roll would still be played when we are old and disco would be forgotten! ha

The 80's rock was garbage and I switched to country

Yep. Me too. Graduated in 78.

I switched to this when I bought this album that came out in 79

Chillin, you are my brother...... Hank converted me also.....

Waylon and Willie helped.... oh and so did Merle.... smile good times

irfubar;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week was a good one for you all and this finds you all well.

When I read some of these threads, I find it interesting how some of the paths trod by various members is so similar and in many ways didn't respect borders.

In late '80 I moved to Calgary and there was the whole Urban Cowboy thing going on there, so I bought a hat to go along with the ever present cowboy boots that were standard fare for many of us Saskatchewan farm boys.

Funny you mention the Bee Gees in that I bought the sound track for Saturday Night Fever and didn't make it through one time before giving it away.

Anyway for my music journey, it was the soundtrack from Honeysuckle Rose which turned me onto country music.

Funny how we can remember something funny that happened 40 years ago and laugh, hear a song from then and be moved and yet how fortunate that we can recall some of the less good times and not relive the pain, is it not?

Anyway here's my pick for the song that made me want to buy more country music - had to buy it then as there weren't country radio stations until maybe the '90's up here.

Thanks for taking me back gentlemen. All the best to you all, stay well and good night.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"