Originally Posted by slumlord
I keep Narcan and ipecac at the house.

just in case

These are a far more sedate bunch than that. The drug of choice seems to be beer. They're having fun for sure. I heard them until I drifted off. They probably won't make a peep until 0930 or later. I plan on hiking down and seeing what they serve for breakfast.

One very lovely lady was introduced to me. She was wearing a Queen T-Shirt. She was having trouble figuring out who I was and how I fit into things. I explained that Queen became popular the year I graduated high school. Were I to be doing the same-- wearing a shirt from my parents' generation, my T-Shirt would be showing the Glen Miller Orchestra.

They're a nice bunch. It makes me feel good that my sons have picked these kind of people. It also makes me feel good that we've got a bunch of largely conservative gun-loving folks coming up in the world. I'm also happy that I can get along with them. The farm has become a nexus for my sons' social life. I suspect I'll be seeing a lot of these people in the years to come, and they sure beat the hell out of the band of misfits I brought around my parents at this age.

I especially remember this one chick I used to bring around that used to set them off. She was an art major. She was about 5-foot-nothing with a chin and nose that nearly met. She had frizzy dark brown hair that surrounded her like a halo. She wore a black overcoat and a derby, and she looked like a rabbi. We didn't date; we just hung together. My folks never could figure that one out. Strange thing: if you talked to that woman, she had the keenest insight into fashion I've ever seen. For instance, remember the painters' pants craze in the late 70's? She predicted it a good 5 years before. She also predicted harem pants for men. She now makes hats somewhere out in the Pacific Northwest.

Truth be told, I started camping in order to get away from that crowd. I'd gotten everyone so used to hanging out at my place, that if I wanted peace and quiet, I had to go somewhere else for the weekend. That also led to hanging with my gun nut friends. Here it is 40 years later, and my sons are all big on camping and guns. Go figure.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer