We have a field along the road which I decided to trim down using the garden tractor.
Grass was a little over a foot high, so I put the deck at the highest notch and waded in. You’d be surprised how much damn stuff was hid there! mad
Plastic shopping bags, plastic bottles and other such crap. Till I got done, it looked like a football stadium after a big game.
I got a 48” lawn sweeper, set on high and gathered the mess up with the grass, then went back over it on the lower setting, so it cleaned up pretty good.
My rant. The only damn thing I toss out a window in a car is a cigarette butt, if it’s not too dry. I keep a shopping bag in the truck for trash, and when it’s full, I burn it in the burn barrel. We recycle plastic and aluminum, cardboard and newspapers. Food wrappers and such end up in the burn barrel while I drink a beer and watch it. Other than that, we don’t generate much trash.
I can’t fathom what possesses people to drive past a field or a patch of woods and toss crap out the damn window. I won’t even drop a candy wrapper if I’m hunting. The only thing I leave behind is an outtened butt and footprints.
If we’re in a park like Gettysburg, I field strip the butts!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden