I put a 1 91/8 twist 243 barrel on my Savage 110 taking off the 308 barrel that was on it. Headspaced it tight (+.001) on a new Winchester case and was good with that. I mounted my new SWFA 10-42 on it, adjusted the trigger as far down as the spring would let me and went to work. The 4895 load the other rifle shot so well was a mediocre load in this rifle and after doing a bit of charge changing I gave up on it and went to I4350. The bullet I am using is the Speer 100 gr. BTSP, primer CCI200. Did 39.0,40.0 and 41.0grs of I4350. Seated the bullet just off the lands and went shooting. All seemed safe as in they showed not pressure signs. So I loaded up 6 of the 41.0 gr. load and put 5 into .71. I really am not shooting well today seeming to have some side to side movement I can't control but not much and tried to control it by squeezing off just after my heart beat. The last round I chronied on my magnetospeed and got 3058 fps. Back to the drawing board, loaded 10 more at 40.0 grains and now it is raining. The scope is a clear piece of glass and adjustments did exactly as they are supposed to. The scope is pretty heavy though and I think the windage turret sticks out a bit far.

Last edited by rickt300; 05/24/20.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]