Originally Posted by WTF
Lawyers

It had nothing to do with Lawyers. The old style trigger is a "tried and true", safe design. Browning thought that was the best upgrade the model 70 had seen in 72 years. Damn, they were creaming theirselves talking about this new and improved design... Guys like redneck and myself can fine tune the oldstyle trigger to damn near perfection. No need for the complicated box type MOA trigger at all. They just thought they were improving the rifle and wanted their own twist on it, so they could claim it as their own.. I'm sure you guys have seen all the videos they put out on the model 70 and the new production BACO. Unless you were living under a rock back then. The new one was said to be better than all others every to leave the factory... However, I've seen more that needed work than I've ever heard about with the pre 64's. Like bobin used to say, the pre's were "coddled" more in the factory and when they were sent out, they worked 100%. The same can't be said about the new Brownings.. The problems I've seen are poor working extractors, bad bedding, copper fouling barrels and sometimes bad moa triggers... Most times, though, the MOA only needs a lighter spring and then they are pretty good. As with all box triggers though, they can freeze up and get gummed up on you and ruin a hunt. You don't have that problem with the old tried and true design...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA