Have used round balls in several handgun cartridges, such as the .32 ACP, though not much in rifles. They work fine when sized correctly and a little lube added.

I keep from being bored by trying a lot of stuff outside my previous experience, from 150-year-old cartridge rifles to the latest, cutting-edge stuff. My latest was an 1893 Marlin in .32-40, which I tried with everything from black powder and cast bullets to jacketed bullets with smokeless

But I also have more fun researching the history of rifles than punching lots of holes in paper.

Plus,both Eileen and I hunt a lot, because that's how we acquire the complete proteins in our diets. Am about to started handloading for a TC Contender in .357 Maximum, because that's what Eileen has decided to start hunting with in our local no-rifle area. Looks like a 180 Speer Hot-Cor can be started at 1800 fps--the same bullet, at the same velocity, she has used in her century-old German combination gun to crumple deer out to 150 yards.

I would be bored SL if my shooting life meant punching holes in paper.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck