Okay Men, after having breakfast with a campfire member a few months ago passing through and looking over his handguns, I knew I had to have a Freedom Arms '97 in 44 Special, so the hunt was on, just got it this morning, it's a bobtail with black grips and has a 5.5 inch barrel with adjustable sights, my cast bullet order that I had planned to load 4227 under the 255gr Keith bullet is woefully late, and I didn't want to wait till they got here to shoot.

Ran into town and picked up a box of 180gr XTP's, put 10gr power pistol under them for a nice light clean burning load, they clocked 1200 fps in new Starline cases lit with a CCI-300 primer, also put a gentle roll crimp on them, I sat a box 30 yards out in the field and had at it braced off my knee sitting on the shop slab floor, 5 rounds went into around 4/5 inches, that's okay for my level of shooting.

Question is, if a man were long gun hunting and a pig or deer wandered in close, would any of you experienced handgun hunters give them one in the ribs with a 44 cal 180gr xtp leaving at 1200 fps?

I cant get over how sweet these little revolvers are.

Thanks in advance.

Trump Won!