I find myself going to the old manuals dating back to the years before tort lawyers dominated the reloading industry. The currently offered manuals and websites are designed to keep the dumbest person out of trouble, hence, out of court. One of my pet peeves is the asinine refusal of the industry to acknowledge the 7.9x57 Mauser came in two different bore sizes. If these idiots are that worried about the owners not understanding that fact, why not publish an extra page with the smaller bore diameter? The 7.65 Mauser, a fine cartridge, held to pressures for the 1891 Argentine,,,sheesh. They do the .45-70 with usually, no less than three sets of data. The trapdoor class, the Winchester '86 class data and the modern Marlins class of pressures. How about the Arisaka? Publishing loads so low they wouldn't even cause problems in a "last ditch" model. The Arisaka, arguably, probably one of the strongest, best heat treated milsurp actions ever produced. I will go further commenting on Hodgdons on line reloading data which is doing it's damn best to stifle the appreciation of old cartridges in fine old vintage guns by dumbing down the data, stifling their intended purpose and performance levels.
Yes there are advances in pressure testing, new powders etc we can use to enhance performance safely. But every where I look I see lawyer fingerprints.
Lots! of manuals, new and old, there is no such thing as too much information.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.