Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Had a set of 275/60-20 Michelin Defenders on my 2015 Ram. Air pressures were maintained, no alignment wear, rotations every 6K miles and the tread wore evenly across the tread width of each tire. After nearly 41,000 miles I had 4/32 of tread depth remaining on all four. Replaced them in March with a set of Hankook DynaPro HTs before going on my long trip at the end of April...The Michelin Defenders are rated at 70K miles. Maybe I could have gotten 50K miles out of them. But with only 4/32nds of tread depth remaining, a 3400 mile round tripper would have better road assurances with a new set of tires.

My neighbor has a 2018 Ford Expedition with the same OE Hankook DynaPro HTs. 78K miles plus on his with good tread depth still remaining. Pretty darn good. So thought I'd give them a try. They are very quiet as the Michelins were, though not quite as supple over the bumps and lane change tits as the Michelin were using the same air pressure but only by a small margin of notice.

My Michelin Defenders were very quiet, were very supple over bumps and supple over the lane change tits as well. But the lack of mileage life was disappointing. Got quite a good discount on the Hankooks after the pre-mature wear credit adjustments from the Michelins were applied.

If you go read the tire reviews such as on Tire Rack, few received their 70K miles or better from the Michelin Defenders.

Love the name "Michelin" though!

I put a little over 92,000 miles on a set of Michelin Defenders running them on a Toyota Highlander.