Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, come on you 40 Short and Weak guys, get in the game!

We've seen plenty of dead animal, big knife and high class booze pics from the .357 crowd. Time for y'all to post pics of your 40's with some supermarket chardonnay lying on a rainbow feather boa. Extra points for a really badass nail file...

OK, I'll take the challenge. I'll have you know I actually killed a whitetail with my G23 a few years back. One shot kill. Headed back to camp just after dark and there at my turn is a small car with flashers on. Expecting car trouble I slowed and pulled off ahead of him as he stood to the side. Seems the vehicle ahead of him whacked a knot head and there it lay, head swaying, not able to do anything else. Guy would have finished it off he said but didn't have a gun. Didn't even have a knife. Didn't ask about a tire tool but doubt that too. So out comes King Glock to alleviate pain & suffering. 155 gr Silvertip between the eyes at hair burn range. No exit. Little Bitty flopped a bit and it was over. One shot kill. Last I saw was the guy figgering out how to get 50 lbs of veal in his car without spilling blood all over.

But ".40 S&W one shot kill". That's the story.

In that situation a 22lr would have done it too.