Originally Posted by helidriver72
Interesting side note, I went to Sagamore Hill. TRs house in oyster bay and when you walk in the front door THAT hat that TR is wearing in this picture is hanging on a set of elk horns in the hallway.
Anyone interested in TR at all would really enjoy that house, when his wife died they locked the doors no one else ever lived there and now it's a national park or something. I got there early and went around back and pissed on a big oak tree that I bet anything TR did the same thing to many times.

Not only is his hat from the campaign hanging from the elk antlers in the study but so is the sword he carried in battle.

Sagamore Hill is the best historical home tour I've ever been on. Note I said home and not house. You can truly feel what it was like when TR was there and there were a bunch of kids running around and it was filled with life. Truly a home. Even the park rangers are different. We had our Lab Finn with us and wanted to let her go out before we went on the tour. There was a Ranger walking by and asked where we could let her out and she said "anywhere you want, the Colonel would approve".

They finished a major renovation of the house last year (or maybe two years) ago and we need to go back.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated