Gunzo,
Yes a torque monster for sure. The stroke on a 292 is longer than a 383 chevy "stroker", by a large margin.

I put a local blm gal on two bull caribou on the river this year. She used her old f350 with carburetored 300 ford inline six. I put the truck in four low and backed it into the river until the bumper was flush with the water and tied the boat up against the bumper. Pulled the gutted caribou into her truck.

The river current was strong, so brought the revs up to 2000 rpms before I let off the clutch peddle. The engine slammed the whole drivetrain so hard, the back of my head slammed off the rear window. Lost my grip off the steering wheel. I honestly thought i sheared an axle shaft or u- joint.

With the big displacement in line sixes, you need not bring up rpms like a v8, as all the torque is there at idle. With my 327 chevy hauling a load, I have to bring rpms up to 2200 rpms before if drop the clutch peddle, or it will stall.

The 292 chevy and 300 Ford's were put in big box/delivery trucks and dump trucks as well.