Worked my way through high school and college doing residential tree work.

My go-to chainsaw was a pre-husky Jonsered. Forget the model but it was a moose. I'd keep a 20" bar on it until I needed to cut something large, then I'd put the long bar on it (over a yard, IIRC) and go to town. Yes, overkill with the 20" bar, but I loved the power and did not want to dull the long bar's chain on piddly stuff. The climbers like bitty Echo saws. They seemed like toys, but then I did not have to drag them up & down a tree.

Been away from the hardware so long and I only need a real saw every other year or so, given present circumstances. So I don't own a real chain saw, just a pole saw attachment for my weed whacker power head. If I need a real saw, I rent a 20" Makita from Home Despot and hand it back to them at the end of the day.

Have no idea what I would buy today if I needed a saw on a regular basis. Maybe see if I could get parts for older saws and buy a used Jonsered, Husky, or Stihl saw from pawn shop. Not afraid to tear into small motors.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers