Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Mathsr
There was a second wave this afternoon about 2:00. I went in to the LGS for the first time in a couple of months and there was this old, Winchester Model 12 with a solid rib, straight grip, high grade stock, and a lot of patina but no pits, that was screaming out to me to bring it home. A quick check of the bolt locking recess and the bore and I knew I could find a spot for it in the gun safe. It will be easy to breath new life into this old bird gun and give it a fresh start into its second century!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm trying to do my part to help this economy in these trying times and I hope the rest of y'all do the same! Now to go help out a craft brewer by buying some SouthBound Mountain Jam!

It's sure got a lot of character. that's for sure. I'd lose that old recoil pad, though, it's hideous.

I have already talked with my gunsmith about that. I like character in a firearm, especially character that comes with honest work and time...not abuse. Going to clean it up a little, replace the recoil pad, no white lines. Mostly clean and oil what is there and don't change the aged look any more than is necessary. I'm thinking about getting the checkering re cut but not refinishing the stock. Should be good for all things with wings...

Harry