I was in a pawn shop that is closing up and they have their guns discounted. Their prices have been higher than people will pay for a long time and most guns just sit there. Now they are down to the point that people will show interest and ask to negotiate, but he wont budge. Going to take them all to auction if they dont sell. Will probably get his price too, auctions have been high around here.

I saw an older Marlin 336 with the JM stamp in .35 Rem and I was thinking of picking it up. I would say 80% condition or so. Wood is not cracked, not really beat up, just worn finish. The metal is pretty good, with some bluing loss around the muzzle and a faded spot where it may have spent a little time in a gun rack in the back of a truck. It is not all worn off though. I did not get a look at the model number, didnt think to look since I knew it was a 336, not sure on the age either. The show owner is stuck on $300 for it and I was thinking of picking it up, just to have. My gut says it is probably a 70's model, maybe a touch older. The magazine is as long as the barrel. There is a swing swivel on the barrel band. There is a little missing bluing / pitting along the bottom edge of the reciever and just a touch around the loading port. It does not look like rust, but missing bluing in a rust patter. Only spot is shows up though. When he would not take my offer of $250, I walked away, but I have been thinking about it quite a bit.

This seems like a fair deal still over all and would be a fun, quality older rifle to just have. What things should I look for that may have it be worth a little more than normal?