Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Beaver10
IIRC, although you’re an American, you went back and served in the Israeli Army out of a sense of cultural duty.

How would the Israelis be handling our current situation? Separating Arsonists, Antifa terrorists, and looters from peaceful protesters?

😎

There is no constitution in Israel and no real analog to the first, fourth or eighth (for the duck) amendments, and since it's been a state of war since 1948 the military and police have vast powers. And it's a small country, so it's easier to get Intel on troublemakers.

Those in charge of the violence would be detained and they'd be held until the authorities were sure the threat was over. If the thugs got violent, hospitals would be full gut shot thugs.

Oh, my...Shooting real bullets at thugs to remove them from the checker board. A crazy concept that make some Americans tummy’s turn...

But, we’re ok with people being victimized, assaulted, killed, and financially ruined by criminals with intentions other than peaceful protest.

Liberal America on display to the world.

Thanks, Brother Remsen.

😎

I think I've alluded to this before, but part of my legal practice is related to defending against claims of war crimes and crimes against humanity filed at the international criminal court. I've been working on a case brought against Israel for the way IDF soldiers shot rioters who breached the Gaza border and tried to enter Israel. For me, it's a bit personal, as my buddy's three sons are all in a unit that fights in Gaza.

In the 80s, when i served, the UN was not as psycho as it is now and most countries understood that we were fighting terror as an existential matter. So we did a lot of things that today would be avoided today. The international pressure is definitely a factor, but even now the soldiers will open fire as soon as lines are crossed.

It can be brutal and offensive to principles in the Bill of Rights, but it's often life or death. Personally, I think the Bill of Rights have been weaponized and now serve as a restraint on rights, as the left and the courts prioritize radical indoctrination and suppression of dissent over the right of the people to be individuals. If only one side plays by the rules, there aren't any rules.

Excellent way of putting things Remmy.

I'm glad though that we have "some" Constitutional protections. I'm not sure I want to live like they do in Israel, in that constant state of war, under what many times seems to by "martial law".

Thanks for the honest answers to Brr Beaver's questions.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?