Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, are you good Canucks enjoying it? laugh

wabigoon;
Good afternoon or I suppose evening to you now sir, I hope the day was a good one for you all and this finds you well.

While I'm cognizant you've meant the thread in a lighthearted mode, I've got to be honest and say that it's going to be tough recovering from this year.

For instance, the last study of the economic impact of sport fishing in BC was from 2009, but then it was $500,000,000.00 annually brought into the province. If we factor in that the Canadian dollar was worth more then, it's an even more staggering number.

The best and most recent study I'm able to find for annual economic impact of tourism for BC was from 2018, and in all likelihood this number would include the sport fishing income Richard, but what it might mean to us is the loss of $20.5 Billion dollars......

Anyone in this province who has 3 functioning grey cells realizes what a financial quagmire we're in sir, so we'll take you folks under foot thanks as far more preferable to what's going on now.

Anyway sir, I apologize for making the mood more somber than you'd intended, but honestly there's not much on the plus side of the balance sheet for us when there's no tourism.

All the best to you all sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"