Originally Posted by Torqued
No problem guys. It will feed and eject a non fired shot shell. It will not eject a fired shot shell from the chamber. All other functions are fine. The shells I have on hand are Winchester super x gray box,#8's. I will grab something different when I go to town tomorrow and see if the shells are the problem.

If you are using Winchester shells it is most unlikely the shell length. However it could be if the Winchester’s have steel heads, they are causing them to stick. Steel heads often don’t contract back to factory dimensions after firing. Make sure your shells have the old style brass looking heads, as some of the promo Winchester’s use steel heads.

The problem has nothing to do with the ejection port, so don’t go filing on it. Ithaca never had that issue. Nor does it sound like anything to do with short shucking.

Could be it needs a cleaning, but if more then here is your crew. They are the ones still making 37’s and will tune it up like new.

If it is not the heads, as Mike said the problem most likely has something to do with the extractor or its spring..

https://ithacagun.com/

Last edited by battue; 06/04/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler