Originally Posted by Snyper
KIRO-TV reported at the time of his March 3 death, officials said Ellis appeared to be suffering from excited delirium, which often includes attempts at violence, unexpected strength and very high body temperature. They said that might have explained why Ellis allegedly banged on a patrol car and attacked two officers trying to calm him down."

That's exactly what Chauvin gave as a reason to not let Floyd get up:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6933246/Derek-Chauvin-Complaint.pdf

The officers said, “You are talking fine” to Mr. Floyd as he continued to move back and forth. Lane asked,
“should we roll him on his side?” and the defendant said, “No, staying put where we got him.” Officer Lane said, “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever.” The defendant said, “That’s why we have him on his stomach.”

I have never personally experienced a person with excited delirium. Nearly everything I have read about it uses this kind of language "extreme agitation and aggression." Mr Floyd, while he did resist, didn't resist with force. He was non-violent. I can vaguely remember training on excited delirium. I did a little refresher. It doesn't seem Floyd really had any of the symptoms other than showing some level of impairment.

That none of the officers showed any concern when a pulse couldn't be found on Mr. Floyd is pretty sickening to me.