LNF,
What was your storage and cleaning regiment? Were you storing in a soft case of closed cell foam case? Also, did you clean after using in the field/range? What type of solvents did you use? Did they have high ammonia content?

The reason I ask is that I had a nice after market barrel on a rifle which I had only about 80 rounds through it. I always cleaned after shooting it and it was accurate. However, on the last cleaning, copper build-up was so bad that it jammed the .22 cal rod in a .22 cal barrel. I sent pics to the manufacturer and they wanted the barrel back to inspect and were really good about sending me a new barrel. The issue was not my cleaning or storing but that they had received a bad lot of steel.

I say all this as I'd watch copper fouling in those areas. It can build up and create high pressure. I'm not saying it will for sure but there is the possibility. If storing in a soft/padded case, don't do that. I recently had a brand new Howa in a Midway waxed canvas case starting rusting on the barrel after just 3 days in the case.