Originally Posted by ring3
Let’s see a couple Savages when you have time Gene. You have some really good models and pics.
I haven't followed this thread so it's been awhile. I pulled a few old pictures out of photobucket, for those who have used photobucket, if you haven't cancelled your membership all your pictures will still be there and you can retrieve them in their original resolution, I had to shrink these to get them small enough to use as attachments (and the limit is 5).

If you wish to get photo's back from photobucket to your computer here's a method to do that - Retreiving from photobucket

Originally Posted by SAcharlie
I believe the 1st production semi 22LR was the Savage 1912.
I think your right, the Febiger No2 & No3 from late 1910 were long rifle but did not really go into full production, seems like just a few exist - I've never seen a No2 semi-auto, all I've seen were converted to pump only, and I've only seen 3 No3's.

Here are some Savage 1912 pictures, all pictured are slightly different, several differences internally. The early guns did not have "crimped" in the roll stamp and had it added separate apparently with a hand stamp, most are crooked and poorly done, later guns had crimped included and the stamp moved to the top of the barrel..

Attached Images
Savage 1912-6.jpg (35.47 KB, 136 downloads)
Savage 1912-5.jpg (34.41 KB, 133 downloads)
Savage 1912-3.jpg (35.77 KB, 132 downloads)
Savage 1912-1.jpg (36.81 KB, 132 downloads)
Savage 1912-2.jpg (36.26 KB, 131 downloads)
Last edited by GeneB; 06/05/20.

Gene