Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That's very interesting, because one thing I have noticed over the years is how much the "crispness" of a trigger affects how shooters judge the pull. Have owned two tradtional lever-actions .30-30s, a Marlin 36 (not 336) and a Winchester 64 (not 94) with VERY crisp-breaking triggers. All the people I asked to try the triggers guessed their pull-weight at 3-4 pounds--yet on accurate gauges both went around 5.5 pounds....

JB,

I recently installed a TriggerTech and found it to be very crisp compared to some other triggers. I ended up setting the pull weight ~4 ounces higher than some other rifle triggers, to match the perceived pull for commonality.

Jason

In no way do I suggest your preference is wrong.

I want to set my TriggerTech triggers at a lower pull weight than my Timney triggers. Set at the same pull weight (somewhere 2.5-3 lbs), the TriggerTech feels more positive to me, like it’s set at a higher weight. At about 0.5-1 lb lighter the TriggerTech feels about the same to me.

Again, not to suggest your perception is wrong. Just interesting that I have the opposite perception!