I've commented on this from time to time, pretty recently too. Ordinary bullets from Remington, Federal, and possibly Winchester in factory ammo have worked well on game, but never were all that accurate for me. My handloads have always shot better, even better than some so-called match loads from Remington, Federal, M118, and Wolf, likely because my dies made them straighter. When I started loading, I mostly used Sierras, which shot pretty well and killed stuff. Later, I began using some Noslers, which remain my usual choice, although I've dabbled with Hornady and Speer. When I got my Hornet about 20 years ago, I picked up some bulk hollowpoint bullets, Rem and Win, at about $8 per hundred. But later when I looked into buying some larger calibers, they were already priced right up with, and even higher than Sierras and such, so I passed, except for some 150gr CT Partitions I snagged at $7.99 per 50 off the old Grafs closeout sheet. Now the majority of my bullets come from SPS; mostly blems, but overruns when I can get them because they come in boxes, not bags.

I'm so well-stocked now I may never buy any more at all, unless I pick up another caliber at some point. .22, 6mm 6.5, .270, and .30s abound here. Have a bunch for my .357 revolver and .44 mag rifles too, plus piles for sabotted ML loads.

Somebody's going to have a bunch of crap to sift through when I go under.

What fresh Hell is this?