SEveral years ago i did a tour at the Sierra factory in Sedalia. Friday afternoon. I was the entire tour group. the 40 minutes tour lasted 80 minutes. Very interesting stuff. Got an 'off the usual tour' look at their shooting range underneath the building.

The entire tour was very enjoyable/informative. After the tour i went to the 'seconds' place around the west side of the building.

As mentioned above.... an alarm sounded when i entered. The lady showed me a chart so i could order appropriately.

I was just completing the sporterization of an old Mauser in 7 x 57 so i ordered a pound of blemmed 140 gr Pro Hunter bullets, 7mm. That was supposed to be about 50 bullets.
The lady used that big scoop and weighed me out a pound of the Pro Hunters and told me that some of the bullets may be real rejects or otherwise unusable, so she was gonna give me a good measure which would have plenty of usable bullets. She poured in more bullets.

Out of that pound i paid for I found some empty jackets and some partly filled jackets. A few had extra lead protruding out of the tip. Those i trimmed down in my drill press chuck with a file. USed them working up a load. Those and all the rest I grouped by weight.

a few of the bullets were extra heavy. Some definitly light. The majority were very close to 140.0 grains... Mostly just a little light.
I threw out any bullets i thought were unusable.

the pound of bullets I paid for was not the 50 bullets their chart showed. There was 124 usable bullets. They shot well.

Have used some Nosler blems as well as the Sierra. Both were good enough for my purposes.

In general I am a Sierra fan and a Nosler fan. blems or not.