I've got both the Winchester 88 and Savage 99. I've had several of each, not nearly as many as many as some have reported here, but enough to make up my mind on what I like about them. I really like them both, but if I could only keep one (both are 308's), I'd take the Winchester 88. It is a post 64 which, in the examples I've owned, is smoother than the pre 64. The 88 and 99 are almost equal as far as accuracy, but my 88 does have a slight edge. The triggers are different, and I know that this is going to kind of go against the norm, but I like my Winchester 88 trigger pull better than any Savage 99 I've owned. It works like a 2 stage trigger and that suits me fine. My choice would come down to the individual rifles being compared. Lay a Winchester 88 in front of me along with a Savage 99 and it would be a toss up which one would come out on top.

I have looked at a couple of Sako Finnwolfs years ago and didn't care for the feel of the grip. The lever on both rifles felt like it was too far away from the grip. I passed on both of them even though one was showing a little use and had a good price on it.

Harry