Originally Posted by johnw

Originally Posted by JMR40
I had one for a while. As a sub $200 dot sight it is one of the better choices. But a 1-4X scope does EVERYTHING better, isn't much bigger, heavier, or expensive. I'm through with dot sights on rifles. I MIGHT be talked into trying one of the smaller versions on a handgun.

I like the idea of a lighted reticle scope. Even owned one, a bushnell, 20 years ago or so. Worked great calling coyotes in low light.
But compared to the romeo 5 or the aimpoint micro they aren't even close in weight or size. Looked at several 1-4x scopes and they were all 17 oz and up without rings/mounts.

Would like to see Leupold put a red dot reticle on their 2.5X compact scope and see what it weighs. It's a 6.5 oz scope as is.

I'm just getting to the point where I'm thinking of a red dot on a rifle. I'm gonna put a 9 oz carry handle sight on my AR today. I can see the attraction of a red dot weighing 1/3 to 1/2 of that.

Red dots are nice, but you are going to be asking us to diagnose your poor groups with that as well. I still think you need a proper "proven" scope on your AR to see how it's really doing.. Unless you can throw down multiple sub 2" 10 shot groups with another iron sight rifle, to see that you can shoot irons.. I'm seeing you talking about Leupold, shaking head here..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA