The first thing I noticed was his gut moving when he was breathing (labored breathing from a swollen heart & water in the lungs)...

It seemed to settle down, but then when we went for a walk he chased a Rabbit, and when he stopped he stumbled over and collapsed and couldn’t get up.
I put him on my lap and tried to calm him down / comfort him and in 5 minutes he seemed out of breath but OK... basically he fainted because it’s “left side” congestive heart failure and they can’t pump blood and get enough O2 to the brain.

This happened more and more, he fell over and collapsed more frequently, we took him in, they gave meds, but not the kind to slow the heart down.
Within a week he as so bad that just running outside and he’d fall over and collapse.

The second time my Vet (the good one) was there, and he put him on that medicine to slow his heart down and let it work better, and he doubled the meds to remove liquid from his lungs... then had me pull the grain free, and give the supplements.

I’m still amazed how quick he stabilized, the little [bleep] probably only has a year or so to live with heart damage, but what was happening is not the way for a dog to go.