For my little Stihl weedeater, I usually get 2 gallons of no ethanol marine gas and two bottles of Echo red armor mix oil which has stabilizers in it.......We are talking roughly $14 bucks worth of fuel. This is for a season's worth of use. I'm figuring I can go a decade for what a battery for one of those electric jobs will cost me. If the battery would last a decade that would not be a bad deal but it probably won't. Then you get to buy either a new battery or a whole new rig.

My Stihl is 8 or 10 years old and it still runs like new. I have had to put a $30 carb on it which was my fault for letting the gas gunk up in it before I went to non-ethanol and I did have a coil installed by the Stihl place....can't remember the bill for that.

Anyway, I'd get a small gas model with a shoulder strap and feed it good gas and good oil. Mine is a "homeowner level" machine and I use the heck out of it. I used to have a Stihl FS-250 which is a monster professional brushcutter/weedeater that a cretin stole from me. The little one cuts grass with a string just as well as it did.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn