As has been suggested by others regarding auctions.....Gunbroker is a great site. I’ve sold hundreds of firearms on Gunbroker and was extremely impressed by the buyers, for the most part they were competent and informed.

I never used a reserve price. I priced the firearm at my bottom dollar and let the market dictate what it sold for. I don’t think I ever sold a firearm for my bottom dollar since they always seemed to get multiple bids, maybe once or twice but it was nothing special. Most times it sold for what I had expected and many times it sold for considerably more than I expected. A dozen or 2 dozen times it sold for substantially more than I expected. I didn’t use the buy it now function unless I was selling new stock.

I ran most auctions for a week, sometimes 5 days. I found that the longer auctions didn’t get the views or the bids that the shorter auctions received. Gun guys usually want immediate satisfaction and don’t like to wait so the shorter auctions saw more action IME. If you had something unusual, rare or hard to find then the longer auctions might increase exposure but for a nice, older hunting/shooting setup like yours I think a 7 day auction is the way to go. In my experience most of the bids from serious buyers were placed in the final hours of the auction, no matter if the auction was for 3 days or 30 days.

I had a fixed price for UPS ground shipping of long guns which I think was $30. Sometimes shipping was less and sometimes it was a little more but by having a fixed shipping cost it took some of the trepidation away from the buyer. Buyers don’t want surprises or hidden costs so being upfront with the fixed shipping price alleviated those worries.

Welcome to the Campfire and good luck on your auctions. 👍

PS.....I would strongly advise you to use Gunbroker NOT Armslist.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~