As a 35 year veteran now retired History teacher here in NY, my students were taught about the economic/political aspects leading for 40+ years up to the eventual break up of the US. Bleeding Kansas, John Brown, the Compromises of 1820 and 1850, and on and on were just some of the major items on the path towards the Civil War. History is not in my opinion just What happened , but truly WHY it happened. But, I am a rare breed in the ultra liberal field of teaching having been raised by conservative farmers, who worked for themselves, not some employee of a major corp. I am probably a Dinosaur in today's liberal, anything goes, world. I don't care what race, religion, sex/sexual preference, etc. that you are - good people prove their worth to me and get my support. Would I prefer more people were like me and many independent thinkers on this Chat Board? Certainly, but I realize that many of today's youth were raised with parents who worked outside the home and really had no responsibilities except to possibly take care of their room. They never had chore responsibility or worked side by side with their parents earning the family income.

Sorry for the sidetrack, but..........