I found this somewhere a few years ago and saved it. I've found it to be on the money.

WOLF Match Extra vs Match Target

I will try and explain but will assure you they are the same. But one is definatly better or more consistant than the other. Wolf And SK Jagd is the same ammo, it is made on the same machines in the same factory as Lapua Midas, Exacta, and Center X.

Know I have heard last winter the lots of SK standard Plus were running a little better than Match Target, which is the exact same ammo, only different in lot #'s.

With that said, according to Lapua rep's Wolf match Extra and SK rifle Match are also one in the same. They are lot #'s that did not make Midas. But be assured better on average than the lower priced Match Target or SK standard +. They are boxed one way or the other when needed to fill orders from SK or Wolf depending which one is being filled at the time.

I recently did an in depth test of Wolf Match target or "MT" and Wolf Match Extra "ME". When tested I used my Gorham built 40X. I have shot 20 shot groups with an old Lot of Eley BR Gold that group under .175" in perfect conditions! This test involved 3 different Lots of both types of ammo MT and ME. They were shot on cloudy evenings with the tempature around 55 deegres and no wind. The first thing I noticed shooting it out of the box without weighing it, it shot totally diferent, The MT had more flyers and would throw them farther than the ME flyers. The first test was on BR%) targets for score. There were 2 lots of ME that were great, they would not shoot a zero on an old BR50 target, and out of fifty shots, with one lot that only shot two zero's, The two best shot plenty of 100's and 50's with few 25's. The MT had one lot that threw several zeros but none way out, the other two would go out of the foul line. and all had several per box of MT.

Then I weighed each Lot, the best lot of MT was worse than the worst lot# of ME. This was obvious on paper also as I said. Then the two Best Lots of ME were very close the flyers were right beside the single raged whole was, and they were much fewer than with MT. the single best lot with the last 4 digits being (283 2) had 121 out 150 rounds that were exactly 55.8 grains, and 21 @ 55.75 to 55.6, with 8 rounds being heavier or lighter.

Next I shot the ME that weighed (21) between 55.75 and 55.6 for group, two ten shot groups at 50 yards, and both were right at .3" or just under, and not one flyer. This is the Lot that I ordered a Case of. I think the other best lot of ME was as good, I just flipped a coin after shooting both and this one won. None of the match target shot close even when I sorted The best lot weighed the same as ME, shot over .7" at 50 yards, and had 6shots in a group about .350" but the other 4 shot made that a .740" group, and that was worse than the worst group of ME unsorted.

I report on the last test when I shoot the 121 rounds out of the 150 I sorted out of my big stash of ME, but am sure it will shoot at least .3" and not display the flyers. But you can be assured if you want to shoot 50 or 100 yards with a gun capable of displaying true accuracy potential, The $13.00 more a brick for Match Extra is well worth the money, and you will find almost every time the lot you get of ME will be better than the best lot of MT. I would not benefit from shooting MT for practice, but will get real results practicing with ME. and I will take time to get a pic, of the sorted target with MT later. just for reference.

Lee F.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid"

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'