Originally Posted by pacecars
My info came from Dan Wesson. I have had several of Bob’ guns from Fusion and the custom ones are way above the DWs. As I said I have owned a bunch of DWs both when Bob was there and after CZ took over. I had one 10mm CBob that I bought new that wasn’t fitted real well and a few parts fell off. Bob replaced it without hesitation and that was one of the tightest guns I have ever had. I will as that my info on the hand fitting is from the current people within the past year. They may have been just saying what they have on their website but that was the information they told me.
Bob Serva is a huge bullshyt artist and if you trust anything he says you're an idiot. Of course his guns should be very well fitted. He only builds a few dozen a year. We had to meet quota's and build them as fast as we could to meet those quota's. We didn't have time to dick around. Also Bob has been building guns for a long time. Some of Dan Wessons builders haven't been at it very long and aren't nearly as skilled. Sounds like you got a gun from one of those. They always had a hard time keeping good help because they don't want to pay for shyt and were constantly losing people to other companies that paid a better wage. In fact, they lost one of their best and most skilled/knowledgeable smiths just a few years ago to Lowe's. He was a personal friend of mine who started out working for Bob Serva back in the '90's. That said, they also had some very good, long time smiths that could and did build an excellent gun.