Bought a laminated stock UML around Christmas time; slightly used. Tried and tried to get it to shoot the 300 gr Barnes T-EZ to no avail; could barely break under 2" groups with BH209. Talked to George Perry, a well known MZ guy. By the end of the conversation, he had me convinced I had a bad barrel and since I was a LR guy, might consider a 45 cal bore riding conversion by Levi Reed of LR Customs. Turns out i'd known Levi through mutual Facebook friends. We talked, I researched Levi and his conversion and went for it. It was about a 6 hour round trip drive to drop it off. With no hurry, I patiently waited and about 3 months later he contacted me saying it was ready. Another 6 hour R/T drive with a small shooting tutorial from Levi. It has a new 25"-26" (not sure how to measure a MZ barrel), 1:20 twist SS, Brux barrel, some action work which unlocks the action sooner, a bolt stop which keeps the bolt from retracting back under the rear bridge making it harder to place the Arrowhead rifle primer modules. It also came with a Swing Lock smooth sizing die which sizes the bullets to the exact diameter needed to push a bullet down the bare bore, clean or fouled. Also included is a SpinJag for the end of my ram rod. My first trip to the range last Friday with some Parker 300 gr Black Max bullets over BH209 capped with Fed 215 match primers and I had 1/2 dozen 1", +/- a tenth or two, 3-shot groups. Velocities were in the 2420 to 2500 fps range. On Sunday I went back up to shoot some more groups at 313 yds with the powder charge nodes which showed promise. I was rewarded by several MOA + groups and this .54 moa group running 2448 fps.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Alan