Just after I bought my Hornet about 20 years ago, Ross Seyfried did a two-part piece on the little wonder, one in RIFLE, and one in HANDLOADER. Those were where I first read about using small pistol primers for powders like H110 and also about magnum small pistol or magnum small rifle primers with LilGun, which was pretty new then. He also emphasized that little things mean a lot with such tiny cases. Mule Deer put me onto the CCI 450s after his tests with various primers for Lil Gun. With H110, results for me using CCI 500 and Fed GM100 are pretty much identical, and somewhat light loads with 2400 perfectly acceptable for their purpose. Someday I'm going to do a serious test comparing the accuracy of the Lil Gun/CCI 450 combo against H110/FGM100, same brass and bullets, just to see which is really the most accurate in my rifle. As a practical matter, Lil Gun has the speed advantage along with much lower pressure for better brass life, important for volume shooters, which I ain't.

Was somewhat surprised when MD revealed that he'd sold his Number One. Thought that one would stick for certain.

What fresh Hell is this?