Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm as pro-cop as it gets.

But when you look at the video where he was shot, he'd already fired the taser over his shoulder while running away, then continued to run away when shot in the back.

I would have let him go, and gotten a warrant, and picked him up later.

Perhaps the shooting would have been justified when he was getting the best of the two cops when they were fighting him on the ground, and he grabbed the taser.

But that didn't happen. It's a question of timing. At the moment of getting shot, he wasn't much of a threat. This doesn't excuse what the POS did, or make him a "Good Boy". Those types usually end up getting killed by the sword because they live by the sword...

Taser already fired. Imminent threat no more. Chitty deal - but it's just that simple.

Just that simple as we sit comfortably typing. Maybe a little different if you were in the middle of it from the cop's perspective. I don't demand perfection from someone who was just wrestling the suspect only moments before the taser was fired at the cop in pursuit. That situation on the ground got both those cops' adrenaline going for sure. They are human, not machines. I'm sure some veteran cops are better at handling that kind of situation, but you can't expect every cop to be perfect under split second duress.