Originally Posted by pugs
]He was born in 1807 31 years after the United States was formed. His commission was a US Army commission. He left his country and aligned with those that wanted to destroy it. A fascinating complex guy of high moral character and a great general but don't think what he did wasn't going to fight against America.

Originally Posted by rickt300
another blithering dumbass leftard! The south did not want to destroy "the country" you dope.

Sport, if you think I’m a liberal you’ve not been paying attention.

If you think deciding that the United States was still going to be the United States after they wanted to remove everything south of Pennsylvania from the United States to their breakaway country isn’t trying to destroy the United States, well there is little hope for your ability to grasp other complex concepts like “water is wet”

Those were my ancestors in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas and Texas that made war on my country and while I admire their bravery, their vision was myopic and it has cost our country dearly for the last 150 years. They were fools to have started. The end was inevitably bad for the south and bad for America.

Last edited by Pugs; 06/18/20. Reason: Fix quotes

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated