Does anyone know if they have one anymore? I don't think they test fire their guns at the factory. They used to because with a new revolver you would get a spent cartridge you could register with your county sheriff if you live in California, but apparently that's gone by the wayside.

I've had some issues with the newer S&W revolvers in the past few years, but this last one takes the cake. I bought a new 5" model 629 around the first of May. The cylinder jammed on about the third round, and every few rounds after that. Before taking it to a gunsmith I tried a factory round because I knew he would ask about that. The very first one jammed.

He said that the firing pin bushing was just slightly recessed and I could see that the rounds I fired had the primers protruding just enough to lock up the cylinder. Sometimes it was hard to even force the cylinder open. If they had test fired just a round or two at the factory they would have discovered this flaw.

I was lucky that the store I bought it from agreed to ship it back to S&W since I took it back to them the day after buying it. And it came back to me repaired this past week. I guess I should feel lucky, but really disappointed with Smith and Wesson. Their revolvers have been my favorite class of gun, but I doubt I'll ever buy another new one.

Anyone else have an experience like this?