I got a Stevens 311 12 ga with twin triggers in good condition for $100 with a box of slugs and a couple boxes of mixed shot sizes and a cartridge belt last year. With 30" full and mod barrels, it handled very poorly for defense or even hunting upland. I shortened the barrels to 22" for a lighter, quicker "bear gun" to use when tracking arrowed bears or going back to pack meat out where a grizzly might be present Also put a Kick-eze on it that was laying around. Carried it on an arrowed bear blood trail this spring and liked it,...bear was dead so no drama at the end. Shot a round of skeet with it the other day...handles very fast....for skeet 26" would have been better. A double is very short with 22" barrels...barely stands in the racks at our skeet/sporting clays range.

For your purpose, I'd get something like I bought/converted for defense and another hunting shotgun with a 26 or 28" barrel(s). Likely you can get by cheaper than trying to find a SxS or Auto with a second barrel within your price range. Good luck!